«Shevchenko was next with Prokofiev’s Second Piano Concerto. She has been, frankly,
gobsmacking since the start, and was absolutely consistent in her delivery of the Prokofiev:
total power, complete clarity of articulation and a phenomenal level of musicianship that is
already world class».
– «The Herald»
«She has a flawless technique, a spontaneous refined musicality and an exceptional
presence which gives her the ability to convey the most personal and convincing musical
– Pascal Rogé
«…Oxana Shevchenko is a great discovery. Judging from this recital, she can do anything… I
think we are watching the start of something wonderful.»
– «FANFARE MAGAZINE»: Dave Saemann
Oxana Shevchenko is internationally recognized as a pianist of outstanding artistry,
sensibility, and versatility.
She is equally in demand both as a soloist and as a chamber musician.
In 2010 Oxana won the First Prize at the Scottish International Piano Competition.
Right after her triumph Oxana worked with Delphian Records on her debut recording,
released in 2011, which includes works by Shostakovich, Mozart, Liszt, and Ravel.
« This is the most exciting debut disc to come my way for some time… I look forward eagerly
to her future releases ».
– Gramophone (Editor’s Choice)
Oxana’s competition successes include:
● First Prize at the International Premio Franz Liszt Competition, Italy (2015);
● First Prize and Gold Medal at the Chappell Piano Competition, UK (2013);
● First Prize at Sheepdrove Piano Competition, UK (2012);
● Second Prize at Aram Khachaturian International Piano Competition, Armenia 2019
● Fourth Prize, the International Music Critic Prize and a Special Prize for the best
interpretation of Busoni’s work at the Ferruccio Busoni International Piano
Competition in Italy (2009);
● Fifth Prize and the Chamber Music Prize at the Sydney International Piano
Competition of Australia (2016)
● Third Prize at the Sendai International Music Competition in Japan (2007) with a
special prize for the best interpretation of a 20th Century concerto;
● Third Prize at the China International Piano Competition in Shanghai (2009)
Oxana gave her first performance as a soloist with the Kazakh State Symphony Orchestra at
the age of nine and made her Western debut in Vilnius with the Lithuanian National
Symphony Orchestra conducted by Juozas Domarkas in 2004.
Oxana has since performed with symphony orchestras across the globe including:
● BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra
● Sydney Symphony Orchestra, Australia
● Orchestre de Chambre de Lausanne, Switzerland
● Symphoniker Hamburg,
● Radio Symphony Orchestra Pilsen, Czech Republic
● Orchestre National de Lorraine, France
● Sendai Philharmonic Orchestra, Japan
● Norrlandsoperan Symphony Orchestra, Sweden
● Filarmonica de Stat Transilvania, Romania
● Wuhan Philharmonic Orchestra, China
● Panama State Symphony Orchestra, Panama
● Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra
Oxana has worked with conductors such as Vladimir Ashkenazy, Martyn Brabbins, Ronald
Corp, Pascal Verrot, Koji Kawamoto, Rumon Gamba, Emmanuel Siffert, Andrei Feher and
Highlights of recent seasons include appearances at
● Sydney Opera House
● Melbourne Recital Center
● Southbank center: Royal Festival Hall
● Auditorium Parco della Musica, Rome
● Wigmore Hall
● Cadogan Hall
● Romanian Athenaeum, Bucharest
● Laeiszhalle, Hamburg
● Tonhalle, Zurich
● Lucerne Festival
● Palermo Classica Festival
● Absolute Classics Festival and series, UK
● Great Hall of the Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory
● Rio de Janeiro Opera Theatre
● Hong Kong City Hall
● Teatro Colsubsidio de Bogotà
In the past few years Oxana has toured extensively in Australia and Europe.
Her future engagements include appearances in both South and North Americas, China and
various venues in Russia, Italy, Turkey and the UK.
A keen chamber musician, Oxana has collaborated with musicians such as the Kopelman
Quartet, Brodsky Quartet, Ray Chen, Narek Hakhnazaryan, Alena Baeva and Christoph
Oxana’s discography includes
● Stravinsky Complete Music for Solo Piano (Delphian records)
● Concerto for piano and orchestra by Aloys Fornerod (Claves)
● Visions by Christoph Croisé and Oxana Shevchenko ( Quartz classics)
Background & Studies
Oxana Shevchenko was born in Almaty, Kazakhstan where she studied with Valentina
She completed her bachelor degree with Tatiana Rakova at the Academic Music College
and graduated from the Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory, where she studied piano with
Elena Kuznetsova and Sergey Kuznetsov.
Oxana earned her Master’s degree after studying with Dmitry Alexeev at the Royal College
of Music (London, UK), Jean-François Antonioli at the Haute Ecole de Musique (Lausanne,
Oxana attended Corsi di Perfezionamento at the Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia in
Rome where she studied with Benedetto Lupo.
Source : www.oxanashevchenko.com